Who would know that the cotton plant is use as a medicinal plant aside from being a popular product as cotton itself. Cotton is widely use today in every field mostly in medicine. This is use healing wounds, for some first aids. Cotton is cultivated in large areas. The pod caontains seeds covered with fine hairs that are the fiber source. The pods are harvested, and the cotton wool is processed for many purposes. This plant can grow in 2 meters. When applying some medicine and cleaning on your wounds you use cotton the product of the plant. But you can use the plant also to heal your wounds and burns.
Cotton is use as medicine for the treatment of urinary problems and promoting the flow of urine, Effective in the contraction of the uterus after child birth, For healing wound and soothing the pains of burns, checks excessive bleeding during menstruation, in case of inflammation of any mucous membrane, dysentery, diarrhea and also inflammation of the small intestine.
- The root of the cotton plant is used fresh, in decoction for urinary problems.
- The leaves are used in infusion again ts inflamation of any mucous membrane, dysentery, diarrhea and also inflammation of the small intestine.
- The extract of the leaves is good for healing wounds.
- The application of the crushed leaves soothe the pains of burns. The flowers are also used for the same purposes as the leaves.
- Infusion of the seeds is recommended during painful menstrual periods.